Support for the Presbytery
Committee on Bills and Overtures: The elected commissioners from the immediate past General Assembly will be called into service by the Stated Clerk. Bills and Overtures from the General Assembly will be considered at meetings of the Presbytery Assembly.
Committee on Nominations (CON): The Presbytery shall have a CON for nominating persons to serve in positions requiring election by the Presbytery. The process shall ensure that nominations are made consistent with the constituency of the Presbytery and in conformity with the church’s commitment to unity in diversity.
- Purpose: The CON shall nominate members to the Commissions/Committees of Presbytery as well as to General Assembly and Synod entities.
- Membership: The Committee shall consist of twelve (12) members equally divided between Teaching and Ruling Elders.
Committee on Representation (COR)
The Presbytery shall give full expression to the rich diversity of the church’s membership and shall provide for full participation and access to representation in decision-making and employment practices. The Presbytery shall develop procedures and mechanisms for promoting and reviewing the Presbytery’s implementation of the church’s commitment to inclusiveness and representation.
- Advise the Presbytery as a whole and the Regional Commissions regarding the implementation of principles of unity and diversity
- Advocate for and hold accountable the Committee on Nominations and the Regional Commissions in regards to diversity in leadership
- Advocate and hold accountable the Presbytery and the Committee for Personnel in regards to diversity in Presbytery staffing
- The Committee on Representation shall not be merged with another committee or made a sub-committee of another committee.
Membership: The COR shall be six (6) members nominated by Committee on Nominations.
Committee on Personnel
- Maintain and implement the Presbytery Personnel Policies
- Provide for Annual Reviews of all Presbytery Staff
- Make salary recommendations to the Committee of Financial Management
- Be available to Staff members for consultation
- Accountable to the Presbytery through the Presbytery Leadership Council
Membership: Nine (9) members
Self Development of People (SDOP)
Purpose: Establish partnerships with groups in the United States or other countries who:
- Oppressed by poverty or social systems
- Want to take charge of their own lives
- Doing something about their own conditions
- Directly benefit from and control the programs they own