The Presbytery’s Leadership Collegium (PLC) works to provide oversight and support to the work of the Presbytery, our congregations, and the leadership of our nearly 130 churches and worshipping communities. PLC is comprised of the Moderator and Vice-Moderator of the Presbytery, Conveners of each Regional Commission, and Moderators of COM (Commission on Ministry), CRC (Commission on Resources and Communications), CPM (Commission on Preparation for Ministry and Membership), COR (Committee on Representation) and CFM (Commission on Financial Management). The Executive Presbyter, Stated Clerk, Business Administrator and Associate Presbyter.
Our presbytery and its leadership are driven by three key assumptions:
- Jesus Christ is head of the church
- The local congregation is the basic form of the church, but not itself a sufficient form of the church
- Our life together as a fellowship of congregations is dependent on trust and love among one another
Our PLC design is aimed at achieving four ministry ends:
- Healthy congregations
- Faithful leadership
- Common mission and ministry
- Essential administrative and institutional support
Moderator of Presbytery and the PLC, Rev.Bill Teague, Vice Moderator of the Presbytery and the PLC, Rev. Dr. Janel Dixon.
Please click here for a downloadable PDF of our 2015~2016 Ministry Narrative: PresbyPHL_MissionNarrative_2015_2016_booklet