This is the category for General Information
June 7, 2019 is the deadline to apply for the 2019 Covenant Fund!
Dates for the 2019 Covenant Fund:
- Application available: April 5, 2019
- Deadline to apply: June 7, 2019
- Recipients Announced: August 2, 2019
Application Criteria & Process:
- New initiative proposals should demonstrate creative approaches to ministry and mission that show an understanding of how the world and church are changing, imagines and risks doing ministry in a new way, and encourages collaboration and partnership.
- Applications must be a church/entity or multi-church/entity initiative. Churches/entities wishing to request Covenant Fund support for initiatives must be current in their per capita and general mission payments.
- Grant applications must be authorized by the session of a congregation or a council of the Presbytery. Preference will be given to those applications that include supporting funds from the church/entity.
- New initiative proposals will be considered for only three consecutive years. Applications must be submitted each year, with each subsequent year declining in potential award amount to demonstrate progress in new funding partners and self-sustaining financial models.
- Only mission or ministry programs will be considered – no capital expenditures or church budget support.
- Maximum amount granted: $15,000.
- New initiative proposals will include budget, measurable goals, built-in evaluation process, and defined outcomes.
- Applicants will be assigned a liaison from the Commission on Resources and Communications to assist in the application process and follow-up on ministry initiative should the grant be awarded to the applicant.
- A Covenant Fund Grant Review Cohort, consisting of leadership from various Presbytery commissions, Presbytery Leadership Collegium, and Presbytery’s Executive Staff will review and evaluate all new initiative proposals after the application deadline.
- Funds will be distributed to recipients of Covenant Fund Grants on receipt of agreement letters.
- Submit applications to: Betsi Moise at [email protected]
- For application questions, please email the Associate Presbyter, Rev. Greg Klimovitz at [email protected]
Ministry Innovation Seminars: 2019 Resources
We had a great two days of conversations and workshops related to ministry from beginnings to new beginnings. Thank you to all who attended and to the CRC who facilitated discussions. If interested in the resources provided, we have provided digital versions below for use in your discernment, development, and prayerful witness as God’s people. Everything below is free for use and distribution.
- CRC Pamphlet
- Devotional Reflection on John 12:1-8
- Covenant Fund and Great Ends Grant Criteria
- ABCs of Grant Writing
- Working Compilation of Available Mission and Ministry Grants
- Canoeing the Mountains Keynotes
- Neighborhood Exegesis
- Next Church Blog, Community Organizing Series
- Community Organizing Bibliography
- Design Thinking Handout
- Matryoshka Haus
- Stolle Creative
Did you attend the seminar? Your feedback is appreciated as we seek to provide future gatherings and conversations that meet you where you are in the designing and discerning of faithful ministry. Click here for the evaluation form.
“Don’t measure yourselves by your numbers. Measure yourselves by the sincerity of heart with which you follow the truth and light of our divine Redeemer.”
Oscar Romero, Dec. 19, 1977 (Violence of Love)