Audio Files from our January 19, 2016 meeting featuring a report from Rev. Ruth Santana-Grace, our Executive Presbyter, Sermon and Keynote from the Vice-Moderator of the 221st General Assembly and Worship Music sung by Aisha-Brooks-Lytle and Marcos Ortega.
- Executive Presbyter’s Report
- Keynote from Rev. Larissa Kwong-Abazia
- Sermon from Rev. Larissa Kwong-Abazia
- Music from Worship
Video of our January 19, 2016 Meeting of the Presbytery:
The Presbytery of Philadelphia will next gather on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at the Langhorne Presbyterian Church from *11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please click here for information on parking, directions, meals and van shuttles: PresbyPHL_Travel Details
Major highlights of upcoming gathering:
- Pre-Presbytery Conversation: Race, Bias and Privilege – The Conversation Continues
- Guest speaker and preacher, Rev. Larissa Kwong-Abazia, Vice-Moderator of the 221st General Assembly, PC(USA)
- Installation of our 2016 Moderator and Vice Moderator of the Presbytery
- Meet and greet Kirkwood Camp’s new director (at registration and lunch)
We are pleased to welcome the Vice Moderator of the 221st General Assembly of the PCUSA, Rev. Larissa Kwong-Abazia will be preaching. The Reverend Larissa Kwong Abazia is a native of New Jersey and graduate of Rutgers University and Princeton Theological Seminary. Upon graduating from seminary, she was honored with the Asian American Ministry Award and the David P. Watermulder Award for Church Leadership. Rev. Kwong Abazia worked as a pastoral care resident at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia before serving congregations in Chicago, Manasquan, New Jersey, and Forest Hills, New York. She now serves as director of church relations at Princeton Theological Seminary.
Kirkwood’s New Camp Director: Tommy has a B.A. in Religion/Music (voice) from the University of Mary Washington. After growing up as a camper, he was a summer staff and retreat assistant at Massanetta Springs (Synod of the Mid-Atlantic, PCUSA) and worked at Meadowkirk (National Capital Presbytery, PCUSA), carrying out supervision of various camp activities, including that of Camp Director. His experience at Meadowkirk also included working with inner city children from Washington, D.C. He gained valuable management, communication and business experience as a Marriot restaurant manager. Most recently he was employed by Camp Hanover (Presbytery of the James, PCUSA).
- Please click here for your Meeting Materials Packet: PresbyPHL_Meeting Materials_January 19_2016_Final
- Please click here for the minutes of our November 17, 2015 meeting: PresbyPHL_Meeting Minutes_17NOV2016
- Click Here to submit an excusal.
Future Meeting Dates:
- May 17, 2016
- July 26, 2016
- November 15, 2016