Great Ends Grants
The Presbytery of Philadelphia provides grant resources to empower congregations, worshiping communities, and affiliated ministries to meet the Great Ends of the Church. These funds particularly seeks to equip the faithful in and around the Presbytery of Philadelphia in “the proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind; the shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God; the maintenance of divine worship; the preservation of the truth; the promotion of social righteousness; and the exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world” (PCUSA Book of Order F-1.0304).
- Care and Compassion Fund (formerly Diakonos) supports initiatives ranging from hunger alleviation efforts, overnight shelters to individuals experiencing homelessness, urban gardens, and community dinners, etc.
- The Ministry and Leadership Development Fund supports initiatives ranging from church officer training events, stewardship conferences, ministry and mission consultations, start-up assistance related to new media initiatives, website and other digital platforms for gospel witness and telling the stories of ministry faithfulness.
- The Peacemaking and Advocacy Fund supports initiatives ranging from partnership with local gun violence awareness and prevention organizations, community organizing and service days, antiracism training events, etc.
- The Youth Leadership Fund supports initiatives ranging from scholarships to the Presbyterian Youth Triennium and other youth conferences, local and international mission partnerships, youth spiritual formation and education programs, and ministry networks as they seek to walk alongside and nurture the current generation of youth and young adults as relevant witnesses to the truth of the gospel made known in Jesus Christ.
Each applicant can apply for up to $3,000 worth of funding through the Great Ends Grants.
- Click here for criteria for prospective applicants.
- Click here to apply online through our new common application.
- Click here for downloadable application.
- Click here for the Presbytery’s Grant Recipient Report Form
Read about grant recipients through our Covenant Connection Blog