The Developmental, Risky, Experimental, Adaptive Mission (D.R.E.A.M.) Grant is being offered by the Presbyterian Mission Agency in order to encourage dreamers, risk-takers, pioneers and trailblazers. We need such people who are not afraid to fail and church cultures that will encourage people to risk failure in order to find new ways to succeed. We are seeking to find persons and ways to invigorate the Church anew.
September 2016 DREAM Grant Recipient: Broad Street Ministry’s new urban garden initiative received a $10,000 D.R.E.A.M. grant through the Presbyterian Mission Agency. Read more about Broad Street’s Grant here .
This grant is designed to encourage the birth of new ventures through congregations and presbyteries rather than to support the expansion of existing programs within congregations. For the purpose of this grant, new is defined as an initiative that was created no earlier than January 1, 2014. This grant will be offered as long as resources are available. This grant will not support the creation of new worshiping communities and congregations. If you need funding for the establishment of new worshiping communities and congregations, please contact Tim McCallister for more information.
The DREAM grants are the result of funds that have been given to support the following historic missions of the PC (USA), particularly among racial ethnic and rural populations:
- Rural, remote, or urban churches that are establishing ministries that will enable them to better accomplish mission in an appropriate context;
- Ministries that are charged with reaching, loving and teaching college age or young adults so that they may be lifelong followers of Jesus Christ;
- Congregations that are effectively becoming more multi-ethnic in character;
- Ministries with Racial/Ethnic and New Immigrant populations that are thriving and wish to accomplish even more;
- Emerging leadership models for mid councils that create safe space for innovation.
An initiative will receive a one-time D.R.E.A.M. Grant of up to $10,000. Matching funds or in-kind contributions are encouraged, but not required. These grants may be used to support the D.R.E.A.M. initiative in any way that will enable the initiative to achieve its goals. These grants are limited to ministries that are related to the Presbyterian Church (USA), and are located within the United States and Puerto Rico.
Deadline to Submit your Application is October 6, 2016
- Please click here for the current application as a PDF: 2016-second-cycle-dream-grant-application
- Please click here for the current application in Word: 2016-second-cycle-dream-grant-application
In 2015, two of our own ministries received DREAM Grant Awards: The Common Place and Welcome Church. Read more about their ministry and other DREAM Grant Recipients: https://www.pcusa.org/news/2015/1/23/eight-ministries-awarded-dream-grants/