The responsibilities of the Office of the Stated Clerk are unique and very important to the well-being of the whole church. Our duties include the search for fair and inclusive representation, protection of the rights of all, enabling mechanisms for dispute resolution and church discipline, promotion of the balanced presentation of ideas, and the preparation and retention of accurate records. The Stated Clerk strives to be faithful and effective in carrying out these duties.
Next Clerks Gathering: Fall of 2018
Statistical Reporting and the Clerks Annual Questionnaire for the 2018 year:
The online Statistical reporting site of the PC(USA) is closed for 2017 Year End Reporting. Online Statistical reporting for the 2018 year will open during the first week of December 2018. Please contact Betsi Moise at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Session Records Reading Forms:
Record reading options:
- Partner with a fellow clerk and send a copy of completed reviews to Betsi Moise at the Presbytery office to receive your stickers.
- Bring your records to one of our clerks gatherings.
- Schedule a time with Betsi Moise at the Presbytery office to have your records read.
- Church Security Resources: [Note: Between 1999 and 2017 there have been 1,617 deadly force incidents in U.S. churches, resulting in 759 fatalities. 57% of these incidents were gun-related.]
- Gounds Safety: Maintenance and Prepared for Visitors