The responsibilities of the Office of the Stated Clerk are unique and very important to the well-being of the whole church. Our duties include the search for fair and inclusive representation, protection of the rights of all, enabling mechanisms for dispute resolution and church discipline, promotion of the balanced presentation of ideas, and the preparation and retention of accurate records. The Stated Clerk strives to be faithful and effective in carrying out these duties.
CLERKS OF SESSION
Please click here for our most recent Clerk of Session Guideline booklet.
The online Statistical reporting site of the PC(USA) for 2020 Year End Reporting will open during the first week of December! Click here to access our denominations statistical reporting site. Deadline for Churches to enter their statistics is February 18, 2021. Presbyteries can make entries until March 5, 2021
For your reference for upcoming reporting, please click here for an updated blank form.
Please contact Betsi Moise at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Session Records Reading:
Due to COVID-19, review of church records will be different. The Stated Clerk’s office will be offering a virtual “Clerk’s Round Table” in late September 2020, and is currently developing a process for Clerks to have their records reviewed via ZOOM. Details will be available early September, so Stay tuned!
Green and Yellow forms you can fill in electronically:
Other record reading options:
- Partner with a fellow clerk and send a copy of completed reviews to Betsi Moise at the Presbytery office to receive your stickers.
- Church Security Resources: [Note: Between 1999 and 2017 there have been 1,617 deadly force incidents in U.S. churches, resulting in 759 fatalities. 57% of these incidents were gun-related.]
- The Department of Homeland Security/FEMA provides a variety of resources-www.fema.gov/faith-resources
- The Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company provides resources at their website –www.brotherhoodmutual.com/resources/church-security. (Brotherhood Mutual also provides the materials for Christianity Today)
- The Church Mutual Insurance Company also has resources at their website –www.churchmutual.com/172/emergency-preparedness
- Gounds Safety: Maintenance and Prepared for Visitors