The responsibilities of the Office of the Stated Clerk are unique and very important to the well-being of the whole church. Our duties include the search for fair and inclusive representation, protection of the rights of all, enabling mechanisms for dispute resolution and church discipline, promotion of the balanced presentation of ideas, and the preparation and retention of accurate records. The Stated Clerk strives to be faithful and effective in carrying out these duties.
CLERKS OF SESSION
Please click here for our most recent Clerk of Session Guideline booklet.
The online Statistical reporting site of the PC(USA) for 2022 Year End Reporting is closed. Reporting for the year 2023 will open in December. Check back for more info!
For your reference for upcoming reporting, please click here for an updated blank form.
Please contact Betsi Moise at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Session Records Reading:
Session records can be read at any time during the year. Just note for records to be reported in the November Stated Meeting will need to be read by November 1st. The Stated Clerk’s office offers a variety of ways to get the church records reviewed:
- Via ZOOM at anytime-contact Betsi Moise to schedule a time
- Meeting with another clerk to exchange records
- Meet at the Presbytery office or your church with Betsi Moise.
Our forms have been updated be used for any given year. Just fill in the year being reviewed and the year the records are reviewed.
Green and Yellow forms you can fill in electronically:
Other record reading options:
- Partner with a fellow clerk and send a copy of completed reviews to Betsi Moise at the Presbytery office to receive your stickers.
- Church Security Resources: [Note: Between 1999 and 2017 there have been 1,617 deadly force incidents in U.S. churches, resulting in 759 fatalities. 57% of these incidents were gun-related.]
- The Department of Homeland Security/FEMA provides a variety of resources-www.fema.gov/faith-resources
- The Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company provides resources at their website –www.brotherhoodmutual.com/resources/church-security. (Brotherhood Mutual also provides the materials for Christianity Today)
- The Church Mutual Insurance Company also has resources at their website –www.churchmutual.com/172/emergency-preparedness
- Gounds Safety: Maintenance and Prepared for Visitors