https://presbyteryofphiladelphia.myworshiptimes22.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2019/03/Covenant-Fund_2019.jpg 660 2260 Betsi Moise https://presbyteryofphiladelphia.myworshiptimes22.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2019/05/17APR_PresbyLogo_light-1030x452.png Betsi Moise2019-04-30 11:25:162019-05-31 14:15:23The 2019 Covenant Fund Now Accepting Applications!
June 7, 2019 is the deadline to apply for the 2019 Covenant Fund!
Dates for the 2019 Covenant Fund:
- Application available: April 5, 2019
- Deadline to apply: June 7, 2019
- Recipients Announced: August 2, 2019
Application Criteria & Process:
- New initiative proposals should demonstrate creative approaches to ministry and mission that show an understanding of how the world and church are changing, imagines and risks doing ministry in a new way, and encourages collaboration and partnership.
- Applications must be a church/entity or multi-church/entity initiative. Churches/entities wishing to request Covenant Fund support for initiatives must be current in their per capita and general mission payments.
- Grant applications must be authorized by the session of a congregation or a council of the Presbytery. Preference will be given to those applications that include supporting funds from the church/entity.
- New initiative proposals will be considered for only three consecutive years. Applications must be submitted each year, with each subsequent year declining in potential award amount to demonstrate progress in new funding partners and self-sustaining financial models.
- Only mission or ministry programs will be considered – no capital expenditures or church budget support.
- Maximum amount granted: $15,000.
- New initiative proposals will include budget, measurable goals, built-in evaluation process, and defined outcomes.
- Applicants will be assigned a liaison from the Commission on Resources and Communications to assist in the application process and follow-up on ministry initiative should the grant be awarded to the applicant.
- A Covenant Fund Grant Review Cohort, consisting of leadership from various Presbytery commissions, Presbytery Leadership Collegium, and Presbytery’s Executive Staff will review and evaluate all new initiative proposals after the application deadline.
- Funds will be distributed to recipients of Covenant Fund Grants on receipt of agreement letters.
- Submit applications to: Betsi Moise at [email protected]
- For application questions, please email the Associate Presbyter, Rev. Greg Klimovitz at [email protected]