There’s still time to register for some exciting opportunities with the Leadership Institute at Union Presbyterian Seminary!
April and May: Church Business Administration seminars in Charlotte. These seminars meet the core course requirements for certification through The Church Network, but may be taken by anyone interested in administration in the church.
Seminar for the spring: April 7: Human Resources Issues – Legal with Brian Barger; April 21: Human Resources – Personnel with Julie Bilodeau; May 5: Communications Issues with Ken Garfield; May 19: Strategic Planning with Ken McFayden. If you are seeking certification, the two Human Resources seminars must BOTH be taken. Cost: $275 for all four seminars; $85 for each individual seminar. Lunches available for $12. Go to: http://www.upsem.edu/leadership_institute/upcoming_continuing_education_events/church_business_administration_in_charlotte/
- April 11-14: Stewardship: In an era when there isn’t enough, how to we teach/preach generosity? With Chuck and Laura Mendenhall; cost $250 includes two lunches. Richmond campus. Go to: http://www.upsem.edu/leadership_institute/upcoming_continuing_education_events/stewardship_preaching_and_teaching_generosity/
- April 18: The Howie Center – The Common Ground of Wonder: How a Biblical Scholar Works with Scientists. With Bill Brown. Free lunch and afternoon seminar from 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.; register at http://www.upsem.edu/leadership_institute/public_lectures/howie_lectures1/ . Evening lecture from 7:30 – 9 p.m. All events are free. Richmond campus.
- April 19-21: The PC(USA) Today and Tomorrow. With PCUSA Moderator Heath K. Rada and Mark Ramsey. Cost: $125 includes lunch on April 20. Only a few spots left! Richmond campus. Go to: http://www.upsem.edu/leadership_institute/upcoming_continuing_education_events/the_pcusa_today_and_tomorrow/
- April 26-28: Welcoming the Stranger: Hospitality in the Small Church. With Marilyn Johns; cost $130 includes lunch on April 27. Richmond campus. Go to: http://www.upsem.edu/leadership_institute/upcoming_continuing_education_events/welcoming_the_stranger/
- May 17-19: Not by Bread Alone: Faith and the Politics of Food. With Dawn DeVries, Paul Galbreath, and Christine Lukritz-Marquis. Cost $195 (or get the early registration discount price of $150 if you register by April 8!). Richmond campus. Go to: http://www.upsem.edu/leadership_institute/upcoming_continuing_education_events/not_by_bread_alone/
- July 19-26: Church Business Administration seminars in Richmond. These seminars meet the core course requirements for certification through The Church Network, but may be taken by anyone interested in administration in the church. All eight required seminars are covered in this eight-day period. Cost: $550 for both weeks, $275 for one week; $85 per day for individual seminars. Lunch is $12 per day. Go to: http://www.upsem.edu/leadership_institute/upcoming_continuing_education_events/church_business_administration2/
804-278-4383 or 800-229-2990 X 383, FAX 804-278-4360, email: Marilyn Johns